Thursday, September 15, 2011

Going Cruelty Free MY Choice, Not Yours? That's Okay.


Cute Bunneh!! I Shall Call Him Pancakes!!

Okay so since about last year I have decided to start using cruelty free cosmetics. And since then have only bought makeup that is cruelty free. However, I do still have some items here and there that are not. The reason for me having these items is because I don’t want to throw out items that are fairly new, and I don’t have the cash to replace it at the moment. I personally do not think this is wrong, a lot of other people who switch to cruelty free go through this process. I no longer purchase from these brands, because they might test on animals or I have not been able to find out for sure.

This is a personal choice of mine, I don’t shove my opinion down peoples throats simply because I don’t like it when people do that to me. I went cruelty free because I personally think that its wrong to test a makeup product on animals. I believe if its for people to wear that’s who should test it. But anyway, I am a HUGE animal lover. When I was younger I lived in a neighbourhood where there were a lot of stray cats. I would catch them and take care of them until I could find a cat rescue to take them in and find them homes. To me, animals are like people. They have feelings, they feel pain. But they don’t have a voice, so I think its wrong that possible hurtful products are tested on them.

So, thus began my journey on being cruelty free when it comes to cosmetics. It might take some more research when it comes to the products I buy, but its worth it to me in the long run. I don’t try to brainwash people into going cruelty free. It is a personal choice and I don’t look down at people who don’t shop cruelty free.

Some companies might be cruelty free, but there partner company does not. I know a lot of people on you tube who will not buy from either. I’m not like that. I will buy from the brand that is branched off that does not test on animals. If those particular products are not tested, I don’t have a problem with that. Because chances are the items from the other company that DO test on animals, I can find the same or similar products from another company that does not test on animals. Some of the cruelty free people on you tube might find me hypocritical because of that, but as I’ve mentioned its my choice.

So below I will include a list of high end and low end brands that are cruelty free. Chances are you’ve heard of some of them and yeah…. See ya in my next post.

Tarte, Urban Decay, Korres, Pop Beauty, Kat Von D, Smashbox, Too Faced, Make Up For Ever, Lorac, Stila, Bare Escentuals, Josie Maran, Bobbi Brown, Hourglass, Clinique, Illamasqua, Dior, Chanel all do not test on animals, do not use ingredients that have been tested, do not hire other companies to test for them and are not owned by larger companies who test. Many of their products are even completely vegan. All of these are available at Sephora.

Low End and Drugstore Brands

ELF (EyesLipsFace)
Hard Candy
Revlon
WetNWild

Anyway, those are just a few off the top of my head. They mostly stuck out because they are either brands that I like, or use personally. And yeah so I hope this was helpful and hope you will comment.

Byeeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment